Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Update on Gracie and Maggie

Well it has been a long time since I posted. A lot has happened in the past few months. We have started the paperwork to adopt Gracie. We are keeping our fingers crossed that her adoption will be finalized before we go to China, so that we can take her with us. As difficult as the trip will be with a three year old, I can't imagine leaving her behind. We are hoping to travel in July or August (our LID is September 3, 2005) so that my sister (a teacher) can come with us and help take care of Gracie.... however with all of the delays, I don't think that will happen.

Concentrating on Gracie and her adoption, and trying to complete my master's degree part-time while working full-time, is definitely keeping me busy.... but waiting for our referral is still hard!

I have enclosed a few pictures of Gracie playing in the snow. She likes to eat snow.... but we have to be careful that she doesn't eat the yellow stuff!!!



4 comments:

Catherine said...

Congratulations on the adoptions of Gracie and Maggie!

Gracie is adorable! Praying her adoption will be finalized so that she can travel with you to get Maggie. What a treat that will be for both of them!

I look forward to following your adoption journies.

Catherine
Oshawa, Ontario
Almost DTC

Eileen said...

Saw your post about your blog on the SeptemberDTC group. Gracie is a cutie! Looking forward to getting to know you!

Eileen LID 10/12/05

Unknown said...

Wish you all the best as you adopt your daughters. Gracie is adorable and will be a terrific big sister I'm sure!!

We are just begining our adoption journey to China ourselves.

Again best wishes from Regina

Liam & Sherry

Ava Baby said...

I really hope that Gracie's adoption goes through quickly for you and she's able to travel to China. She is a doll and you are truly blessed to have her.
Michele
LID 9/26